In 2013, the Government of Antigua and Barbuda created a Citizenship by Investment Program to attract investors of good character. These investors would make a substantial contribution to Antigua and Barbuda, thereby channeling capital into national development. The Citizenship by Investment Program allows applicants to become citizens of Antigua and Barbuda, with a minimal residency requirement. Once Citizenship is granted, passports may be easily obtained.
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Applicants must make a qualifying investment in Antigua and Barbuda:
- Minimum $200,000 USD one-time contribution to the National Development Fund (discounted until May 1, 2016); or
- Minimum $400,000 USD investment in a government-approved real estate project (held for at least 5 years); or
- Minimum $1,500,000 USD investment in an eligible business
(or minimum $5,000,000 USD split between multiple investors with a minimum of $400,000 USD investment per person).
• Applicants must pass a due diligence examination
• Must have no criminal record
• Must pass a medical examination
• Must spend at least 5 days in Antigua and Barbuda in the 5 years following citizenship issuance